Ogilvie LLP is a well-established, progressive Edmonton based law firm, and home to some of the Province’s top lawyers. Ogilvie represents our clients in six practice areas: Administrative, Corporate Commercial, Insolvency & Restructuring, Litigation, Wills & Estate Services and Real Estate.
We are looking for an experienced accountant, recent CPA graduate or a candidate working towards their CPA designation. This position combines accounting, financial analysis, GL support and preparation of management schedules and reports. The ideal candidate will have experience in an accounting function, exposure to financial analysis and excellent knowledge in the use of financial applications. They will possess the ability to provide guidance to staff queries on financial transactions, billing processes and other accounting matters.
Key responsibilities include:
• Provide accounting support to staff in a positive team-based work environment
• Provide support to management and staff regarding financial processes
• Assist in a multitude of functions including the preparation of budgets, monthly reporting packages, reconciliations, year-end schedules, reports and trending graphs
• Processing and analyzing financial transactions accurately and timely
• Analyzing and responding to complex matters requiring comprehensive knowledge of accounting systems and our internal policies and procedures
• A minimum of two years direct experience in accounting/financial analysis
The ideal candidate will have obtained, or is working towards their:
• Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
• Business, Accounting or Management Degree
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
• Professionalism, confidence in your abilities and a positive attitude
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills
• Proficient knowledge and use of Excel
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• The ability to deal with sensitive and confidential material
If you are looking to develop your career in Accounting, with the opportunity to learn and grow, we are the right place for you.
A competitive compensation and benefits package awaits the successful candidate. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting Closes: May 27, 2018
Ogilvie LLP is currently looking for a highly skilled intermediate litigation legal assistant who enjoys working in a busy and challenging work environment.
Ogilvie LLP is a well-established, successful and progressive firm, and is home to some of the Provinces’ top lawyers. The lawyers at Ogilvie represent six practice areas: Administrative, Corporate Commercial, Insolvency & Restructuring, Litigation, Personal Estate Services, and Real Estate.
We invite candidates with a legal assistant diploma or certificate from an accredited post-secondary institution and at least 1-2 years of litigation experience to apply.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following core duties:
• Knowledge of the New Rules of Court;
• Conduct court searches;
• Draft correspondence and court documents;
• Pre-trial and trial preparation including maintenance of all trial binders and limitations;
• Prepare a variety of litigation legal documents including briefs and factums;
• Schedule various applications and questionings;
• Manage workflow for team of lawyers;
• Coordinate and schedule meetings and maintain calendars;
• Preparation of accounts and time entry; and
• General administrative tasks including office and file management.
In addition to experience with the above, the ideal candidate would have the following background, skills and experience:
• A strong, independent work ethic;
• Strong word processing and organizational skills;
• An aptitude for details;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Good analytical and problem-solving abilities;
• The ability to prioritize work and meet tight deadlines;
• A high level of professionalism while working closely with lawyers, staff and clients;
• A desire and ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships;
• Have an interest in developing a career at our firm, and
• Enjoy working in a fast-paced, team environment.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a positive work environment. Please apply in confidence by submitting your resume (including months and years of employment history) and cover letter.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit resume and cover letter to:
Adriana Kmetyk, Manager, Administrative Support
Suite 1400, 10303 – Jasper Avenue
Edmonton AB T5J 3N6
There are currently no job openings at this moment.
We earn our clients' confidence by
providing the personalized service they
deserve, and have come to expect.