Ogilvie LLP is seeking a full-time Executive Legal Assistant to join our team.
Working directly with the Partner, you will have experience going above and beyond to ensure that his practice is managed successfully. This will include administrative tasks including calendar management, client billing, research and filing assistance and general offices duties on an ad hoc basis. With a diploma or certificate in Legal Administration, you bring at least 2-5 years’ experience and all relevant office and administrative experience will be considered.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following core duties:
• Manage workflow and coordinate the flow of information
• Responding to routine inquires
• Conduct searches
• Draft correspondence and documents
• Coordinate and schedule meetings and maintain calendars
• Time entry and preparation of accounts
• General administrative tasks including office and file management
In addition to experience with the above, the candidate would have the following background, skills and experience:
• Exceptional organizational skills
• A keen sense of attention to detail
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Good analytical and problem-solving abilities
• The ability to prioritize work and meet tight deadlines
• A high level of professionalism while working closely with paralegals, staff and clients
• A desire and ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships
• An interest in developing a career at our firm
Ogilvie LLP offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a positive work environment. Qualified candidates are invited to e-mail their resume and cover letter to:
Jodi Horb, Manager, Human Resources
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
OGILVIE LLP, a well-established mid-size downtown law firm, has an opening for a full-time senior Corporate Paralegal. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of corporate law and procedures. Key responsibilities include:
• Drafting relating to incorporations, amendments, share sales/corporate reorganizations, dissolutions and various other types of corporate transactions;
• Maintaining minute book records;
• Processing and maintaining federal, extra-provincial registrations as well as limited partnership registrations;
• Responding to daily inquiries from lawyers, legal assistants and on occasion, clients; and
• Others duties as assigned.
Skills & Knowledge:
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Corporate Paralegal or a minimum of 8 years’ experience as a Legal Assistant in a Corporate/Commercial practice area;
• Graduate of a 2-year Legal Assistant (Paralegal/Law Clerk) program is preferred;
• CORES (Level III) certification is preferred;
• Experience in drafting documents within the Corporate practice area;
• Must be results oriented and demonstrate exceptional time management, organizational and follow up skills;
• High level of accuracy and strong attention to detail;
• Experience with a corporate database system (ALF) preferred;
• Advanced computer skills; proficient with MS Word, Excel and Outlook;
• Self-starter who takes initiative and has excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Must be able to work independently as well as within a team environment; and
• Professionalism and the ability to respect confidentiality
Ogilvie LLP provides competitive compensation with a comprehensive benefits package.
Qualified candidates are invited to e-mail their resume and cover letter to:
Jodi Horb, Manager, Human Resources
There are currently no job openings at this moment.
We earn our clients' confidence by
providing the personalized service they
deserve, and have come to expect.