Ogilvie was built in 1920 on a tradition of building relationships and working alongside our clients, and we are proud to be doing so over 100 years later. Our specialized teams of lawyers work beside clients, and businesses to ensure their issues are resolved.
Located in downtown Edmonton, we are leaders in Corporate Commercial, Real Estate, Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Insolvency, Wills & Estates, and Administrative law.
Why join Ogilvie? We provide challenging and rewarding work, competitive compensation and benefits, and a supportive team environment.
Ogilvie LLP currently has an opening for a full-time Corporate Commercial Legal Assistant (junior) who enjoys working in a busy and challenging work environment.
This is a junior Legal Assistant position, which will support multiple Lawyers and Legal Assistants. This opportunity is perfect for someone who is eager to learn and develop their career at our firm.
Key responsibilities include:
- Handle daily administrative tasks
- Liaise with Lawyers and other Legal Assistants in firm regarding coordination of requests
- Opening, maintaining, updating, and closing files
- Providing clerical support, including photocopying and scanning, preparing binders, filing documents, and more as directed
- Preparing daily summaries of completed and ongoing tasks to facilitate excellent client and practice management
- Diarize and track deadlines. Following up with Legal Assistants and Lawyers on tasks
- Correspondence with clients on general client inquiries, including billings and receipts
- Coordinate and track deliveries of documents
- Draft correspondence
- Data entry
- Responding to daily inquiries from lawyers, legal assistants, and clients
- Others duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have the following background, skills, and experience:
Education and Experience
- Must be a graduate of an accredited legal assistant program; High School Diploma and combination of experience will be considered.
- Experience in Corporate Commercial, Real Estate, Corporate, strongly preferred
- High professionalism and the ability to respect confidentiality
- Strong organizational skills
- Be able to multi-task and prioritize
- Internal and external customer service skills
- Self-starter who takes initiative
- Reliable and accountable
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Must have a strong base in MS Excel, Word, Outlook
- ACUMIN knowledge an asset
- Worldox knowledge an asset
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a positive work environment. Please apply in confidence by submitting your resume (including months and years of employment history) and cover letter to : HR@ogilvielaw.com.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.