We protect your business and personal interests.
Situations involving insolvency and financial difficulty require decisive action and experienced trusted advice. Our common sense, business-focused lawyers in downtown Edmonton can provide timely and thoughtful advice respecting all aspects of insolvency and restructuring issues. We represent clients ranging from simple collections and personal bankruptcy to complex restructuring under the Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act (CCAA) and the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act (BIA).
Our areas of focus:
- Advising on early stage financial and operational restructurings
- Informal consensual workouts and restructurings
- CCAA and BIA proposal proceedings (formal restructuring proceedings)
- Bankruptcy, receivership and liquidation proceedings
- Insolvency related issues arising under related legislation such as business corporations, personal property security, builders' lien and assignment and preferences
- Foreclosures (acting for both mortgagees and mortgagors)
- Enforcing and realizing on guarantees and security
- Negotiating forbearance and accommodation arrangements (acting for both borrowers and lenders)
- Advising on security enforceability and priorities between creditors
- Advising on insolvency risks in structured transactions
- Advising on the mitigation of lender liability issues
- Assessing and advising on the liability of directors of insolvent companies
- Acquisition and disposition of business and assets in insolvent circumstances