Ogilvie LLP currently has an opening for a highly skilled intermediate Litigation Legal Assistant who enjoys working in a busy and challenging work environment.
Ogilvie LLP is a well-established, successful and progressive firm, and is home to some of the Provinces’ top lawyers. The lawyers at Ogilvie represent six practice areas: Administrative, Corporate Commercial, Insolvency & Restructuring, Litigation, Personal Estate Services, and Real Estate.
We invite candidates with a legal assistant diploma or certificate from an accredited post-secondary institution and at least 5 years of litigation experience to apply.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following core duties:
- Knowledge of the New Rules of Court;
- Conduct court searches;
- Draft correspondence and court documents;
- Pre-trial and trial preparation including maintenance of all trial binders and limitations;
- Prepare a variety of litigation legal documents including briefs and factums;
- Schedule various applications and questionings;
- Coordinate and schedule meetings and maintain calendars;
- Preparation of accounts and time entry; and
- General administrative tasks including office and file management.
In addition to experience with the above, the ideal candidate would have the following background, skills, and experience:
- A strong, independent work ethic
- Strong word processing and organizational skills
- An aptitude for details
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities
- The ability to prioritize work and meet tight deadlines
- A high level of professionalism while working closely with lawyers, staff and clients
- A desire and ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships
- Have an interest in developing a career at our firm, and
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, team environment.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a positive work environment. Please apply in confidence by submitting your resume (including months and years of employment history) and cover letter to: email@example.com.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.