Wills & Estates Associate (Lawyer)
Ogilvie was built in 1920 on a tradition of building relationships and working alongside our clients, and we are proud to be doing so over 100 years later. Our specialized teams of lawyers work beside clients, and businesses to ensure their issues are resolved.
Located in downtown Edmonton, we are leaders in Corporate Commercial, Real Estate, Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Insolvency, Wills & Estates, and Administrative law.
Why join Ogilvie? We provide challenging and rewarding work, competitive compensation and benefits, and a supportive team environment.
Ogilvie LLP currently has an opening for a full-time Wills & Estates Lawyer who enjoys working in a busy and challenging work environment. If you have three (3) or more years’ of experience and are interested in a broad spectrum of estate planning, please apply.
Key responsibilities include:
- Discuss plans with clients for distributing clients’ assets
- Wills, trusts and powers of attorney
- Advise clients regarding retirement plans, charitable giving, and insurance options
- Planning and issues around probate
- Liaising with various external bodies including beneficiaries, financial institutions, etc.
- High professionalism
- Expert negotiation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Be able to multi-task and prioritize
- Self-starter who takes initiative
- Reliable and accountable
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a strong base in MS Word and Outlook
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a positive work environment. Please apply in confidence by submitting your resume (including months and years of employment history) and cover letter to HR@ogilvielaw.com.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.