ABOUT OGIVLIE LLP
Ogilvie was built in 1920 on a tradition of building relationships and working alongside our clients, and that is still our philosophy an entire century later. Our specialized teams of lawyers work beside clients and businesses to ensure their issues are resolved. Located in downtown Edmonton, we are leaders in Corporate Commercial, Real Estate, Litigation & Dispute resolution, Insolvency, Wills & Estate, Family, and Administrative Law.
Ogilvie provides its staff with an opportunity to be challenged and rewarded by working in a dynamic, team-oriented environment alongside some of the top lawyers in Edmonton. Putting our clients first is at the center of all we do at Ogilvie, and our specialized legal teams work side by side with our clients to help them achieve and further their business goals.
Creating successful client relationships is central to our work culture, and we are always looking for talented new people to grow our pool of expertise and provide quality service to our clients. If you think you would be a great addition to our team, we would love to hear from you.
Diverse and fast-paced, this position will support 2 senior lawyers with a majority focus in Construction Litigation and Insolvency. The successful candidate will be able to work well as a team and on their own, be highly organized, and be able to prioritize and meet deadlines. Construction law experience is a requirement in addition to 6 years minimum experience in a support role within a civil litigation practice.
- Conduct court searches;
- Transcribe dictation;
- Draft correspondence and court documents;
- Pre-trial and trial preparation, including maintenance of all trial binders and limitations;
- Prepare a variety of litigation legal documents, including briefs and factums;
- Schedule various applications and questionings;
- Manage workflow for lawyers
- Coordinate and schedule meetings and maintain calendars
- Preparation of accounts and time entry
- General administrative tasks, including opening and closing files, photocopying and scanning, preparing binders, and file management
- Respond to daily inquiries from lawyers, legal assistants, and clients
- Other duties as assigned
DESIRED SKILL SET
- Strong understanding of legal procedures, scheduling, limitations and deadlines
- High professionalism and the ability to respect confidentiality
- Strong organizational skills
- Be able to multi-task and prioritize
- Internal and external customer service skills
- Self-starter who takes initiative
- Reliable and accountable
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Experience with SPIN and Land Titles
- Must have a strong skills in MS Excel, Word, Outlook
- ACUMIN knowledge an asset
- Worldox knowledge an asset
- ECLIPSE knowledge is an asset
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Be a graduate of an accredited legal assistant program
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in Litigation
Ogilvie offers a competitive salary based on experience level and a positive and engaging work environment.
Interested applicants may reply in confidence by submitting a cover letter, resume and references to: HR@OgilvieLaw.com
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.