Litigation Legal Assistant
Ogilvie was built in 1920 on a tradition of building relationships and working alongside our clients, and we are proud to be doing so over 100 years later. Our specialized teams of lawyers work beside clients, and businesses to ensure their issues are resolved.
Located in downtown Edmonton, we are leaders in Corporate Commercial, Real Estate, Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Insolvency, Wills & Estates, and Administrative law.
Why join Ogilvie? We provide challenging and rewarding work, competitive compensation and benefits, and a supportive team environment.
Ogilvie LLP currently has an opening for a full-time Litigation Legal Assistant who enjoys working in a busy and challenging work environment.
This opportunity is perfect for someone who has experience in Litigation, exceptionally organized, and has an eye for detail.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conduct court searches;
- Draft correspondence and court documents;
- Pre-trial and trial preparation including maintenance of all trial binders and limitations;
- Prepare a variety of litigation legal documents including briefs and factums;
- Schedule various applications and questionings;
- Manage workflow for team of lawyers;
- Coordinate and schedule meetings and maintain calendars;
- Preparation of accounts and time entry; and
- General administrative tasks including office and file management.
- Respond to daily inquiries from lawyers, legal assistants, and clients
- Others duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following background, skills, and experience:
Education and Experience
- Must be a graduate of an accredited legal assistant program; High School Diploma and combination of direct litigation experience will be considered.
- A minimum of 3 or more years’ of experience
- High professionalism and the ability to respect confidentiality;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Be able to multi-task and prioritize;
- Internal and external customer service skills;
- Self-starter who takes initiative;
- Reliable and accountable;
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
- Must be able to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Must have a strong base in MS Excel, Word, Outlook
- Knowledge in ECLIPSE preferred
- ACUMIN knowledge an asset
- Worldox knowledge an asset
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a positive work environment. Please apply in confidence by submitting your resume (including months and years of employment history) and cover letter to : HR@ogilvielaw.com.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.