Ogilvie LLP currently has one opening for a full-time Legal Assistant. We are looking for a candidate who enjoys working in a busy and challenging work environment.
This opportunity is perfect for a person who has excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and a willingness to learn and develop their career at our firm.
Key responsibilities include:
- Handle a variety of daily administrative tasks
- Liaise with Lawyers and Legal Assistants in firm regarding coordination of requests
- Providing clerical support, including photocopying and scanning, preparing binders, filing documents, and more as directed
- Preparing daily summaries of completed and ongoing tasks to facilitate excellent client and practice management
- Diarize and track deadlines. Following up with Legal Assistants and Lawyers on tasks
- Coordinate and track deliveries of documents
- Data entry
- Responding to daily inquiries from lawyers, legal assistants, and clients
- Others duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have the following background, skills, and experience:
Education and Experience
- Be a graduate of an accredited Legal Assistant, Administration, or Business program; High School Diploma and combination of experience will be considered.
- 1 – 3 years of office experience (in law preferred).
- High professionalism and the ability to respect confidentiality
- Strong organizational skills
- Be able to multi-task and prioritize
- Internal and external customer service skills
- Self-starter who takes initiative
- Reliable and accountable
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Must have a strong base in MS Word and Outlook
- ACUMIN knowledge an asset
- Worldox knowledge an asset
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a positive work environment. Please apply in confidence by submitting your resume (including months and years of employment history) and cover letter HR@ogilvielaw.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.