Ogilvie was built in 1920 on a tradition of building relationships and working alongside our clients, and we are proud to be doing so over 100 years later. Our specialized teams of lawyers work beside clients, and businesses to ensure their issues are resolved.
Located in downtown Edmonton, we are leaders in Corporate Commercial, Real Estate, Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Insolvency, Wills & Estates, and Administrative law.
Why join Ogilvie? We provide challenging and rewarding work, competitive compensation and benefits, and a supportive team environment.
Ogilvie LLP currently has an opening for a full-time Family Law & Civil Litigation Legal Assistant who enjoys working in a busy and challenging work environment.
This opportunity is perfect for a person who has excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and a strong background in Family Law.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conduct court searches
- Draft, review and prepare routine correspondence/pleadings
- Filing pleadings with various levels of the Courts
- Organizing, reviewing and requesting further disclosure
- Manage workflow for team of lawyers
- Coordinate and schedule meetings and maintain calendars
- Preparation of accounts and time entry
- General administrative tasks including photocopying and scanning, preparing binders, and file management
- Respond to daily inquiries from lawyers, legal assistants, and clients
- Others duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have the following background, skills, and experience:
Education and Experience:
- Be a graduate of an accredited legal assistant program;
- 1 – 3 years of experience in Family Law
- Knowledge and/or experience in Civil Litigation would also be an asset
- Strong understanding of legal procedures, scheduling, limitations and deadlines in Family Law
- High professionalism and the ability to respect confidentiality
- Strong organizational skills
- Be able to multi-task and prioritize
- Internal and external customer service skills
- Self-starter who takes initiative
- Reliable and accountable
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Must have a strong base in MS Excel, Word, Outlook
- ACUMIN knowledge an asset
- Worldox knowledge an asset
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a positive work environment. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to HR@ogilvielaw.com
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.