Ogilvie LLP currently has an opening for a Wills & Estates Legal Assistant who enjoys working in a busy and challenging work environment.
The Wills & Estates Legal Assistant is accountable for administration, documentation of preparing probate, supervision of estate files, and liaising with various external bodies including beneficiaries and financial institutions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Drafting wills and other estate planning documents;
- Preparing probate and administration application documents;
- Supervising estate administration files;
- Liaising with various external bodies including beneficiaries, financial institutions, the Public Guardian and Trustee’s Office, etc.;
- Handle a variety of daily administrative tasks
- Liaise with Lawyers and other Legal Assistants in firm regarding coordination of requests
- Opening, maintaining, updating, and closing files
- Providing clerical support, including photocopying and scanning, preparing binders, filing documents, and more as directed
- Complete ongoing tasks to facilitate excellent client and practice management
- Diarize and track deadlines
- Following up with Legal Assistants and Lawyers on tasks
- Correspondence with clients on general client inquiries, including billings and receipts
- On occasion the Legal Assistant may aid in Corporate/Commercial duties
The ideal candidate will have the following background, skills and experience:
Education and Experience
- Must be a graduate of an accredited legal assistant program; High School Diploma and combination of experience will be considered.
- 3 or more years’ of experience in Wills & Estates,
- Experience in Corporate/Commercial an asset
- High professionalism and the ability to respect confidentiality
- Strong organizational skills
- Be able to multi-task and prioritize
- Internal and external customer service skills
- Self-starter who takes initiative
- Reliable and accountable
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Must have a strong base in MS Excel, Word, Outlook
- ACUMIN knowledge an asset
- Worldox knowledge an asset
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a positive work
environment. The successful candidate may be eligible for a signing bonus. Please apply in confidence by submitting your resume (including months and years of employment history) and cover letter to HR@ogilvielaw.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.