Ogilvie was built in 1920 on a tradition of building relationships and working alongside our clients, and we are proud to be doing so over 100 years later. Our specialized teams of lawyers work beside clients, and businesses to ensure their issues are resolved.
Located in downtown Edmonton, we are leaders in Corporate Commercial, Real Estate, Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Insolvency, Wills & Estates, and Administrative law.
Why join Ogilvie? We provide challenging and rewarding work, competitive compensation and benefits, and a supportive team environment.
Ogilvie LLP currently has an opening for a full-time Supervising Corporate Paralegal who enjoys working in a busy and challenging work environment.
We invite candidates with a strong background of Corporate Law and procedures to apply.
Administrative and Supervising
- Primary liaison with lawyers in firm regarding coordination of requests
- Overseeing corporate team and managing department workflow and processes
- Monitor staff workload, delegation and prioritizing
- Train, support, review, and manage Corporate Department staff
- Incorporation and Organizations (from Receipt of instructions, to incorporation, to preparation of organizational documents, to preparing reporting letter and statement of account) (this includes Alberta, NWT as well as Professional Corporations)
- Incorporation and Organizations of Shelf Corporations
- Incorporation and Organizations of ULC’s and Professional Corporations
- ALF Administrator duties
- Assist with the incorporation and organization of Societies
- Assist with the incorporation and organization of Part 9 Companies
- Drafting relating to: incorporations, amendments, dissolutions, amalgamations, and various other types of corporate transactions
- Maintaining minute book records
- Draft correspondence
- Processing and maintaining extra-provincial registrations as well as limited partnership registrations
- Responding to daily inquiries from lawyers, legal assistants, and clients
- Others duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have the following background, skills, and experience:
Education and Experience
- Must have 7+ years of CORES III experience
- Experience in managing multiple complex files
- 3+ years of leading and managing direct reports and teams
- Post-secondary education from an accredited post-secondary institution (Paralegal/Legal Assistant Bachelor’s, Certificate, Diploma etc.) preferred. Combination of experience and education will be considered
- Self-starter who takes initiative
- Be able to multi-task and prioritize
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be able to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Professionalism and the ability to respect confidentiality
- Must has strong base in MS Excel, Word, Outlook
- ACUMIN knowledge an asset
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a positive work environment. Please apply in confidence by submitting your resume (including months and years of employment history) and cover letter to: HR@ogilvielaw.com.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.