ABOUT OGILVIE LLP
Ogilvie was built in 1920 on a tradition of building relationships and working alongside our clients, and that is still our philosophy an entire century later. Our specialized teams of lawyers work beside clients and businesses to ensure their issues are resolved. Located in downtown Edmonton, we are leaders in Corporate Commercial, Real Estate, Litigation & Dispute resolution, Insolvency, Wills & Estate, Family, and Administrative Law.
Ogilvie provides its staff with an opportunity to be challenged and rewarded by working in a dynamic, team-oriented environment alongside some of the top lawyers in Alberta. Putting our clients first is at the center of all we do at Ogilvie, and our specialized legal teams work side by side with our clients to help them achieve and further their business goals.
Creating successful client relationships is central to our work culture, and we are always looking for talented new people to grow our pool of expertise and provide quality service to our clients. If you think you would be a great addition to our team, we would love to hear from you.
- Filing Alberta and Federal Annual Returns
- Familiarity with extra-provincial, NWPTA and MADI-B registrations
- Maintaining minute book records
- Registering and maintaining limited partnership registrations
- Responding to daily inquiries from lawyers, legal assistants and, on occasion, clients
- Drafting agreements and auxiliary documents, including those relating to incorporations, amendments, dissolutions and various other types of corporate transactions
- Conduct due diligence minute book reviews, including recommendations regarding deficiencies
- Other duties as assigned
DESIRED SKILL SET
- Strong understanding of legal procedures, scheduling, and deadlines
- High professionalism and the ability to respect confidentiality
- Strong organizational skills
- Be able to multi-task and prioritize
- Internal and external customer service skills
- Self-starter who takes initiative
- Reliable and accountable
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Must have a strong base in MS Excel, Word, Outlook
- Experience with a corporate database system (ALF Cloud preferred)
- ACUMIN or SOLUNO knowledge an asset
- Worldox knowledge an asset
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Must have CORES (Minimum Level 2) certification
- Be a graduate of an accredited legal assistant program
- A minimum 1 year of experience as a Legal Assistant
Ogilvie offers a competitive salary based on experience level, in addition to a positive and engaging work environment.
Interested applicants may reply in confidence by submitting a cover letter, resume and references to: HR@OgilvieLaw.com
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.