Ogilvie LLP currently has an opening for a highly skilled full-time Commercial Paralegal who enjoys working in a busy and challenging environment.
The successful candidate will work with Ogilvie’s Corporate Commercial team on a variety of commercial transactions, including due diligence matters and drafting documents, and will have interactions with clients providing accurate information, while building and maintaining client relationships.
The successful candidate will have excellent attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills. Corporate Commercial experience of at least 5 years is required.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following core Commercial duties:
- Conducting searches, such as corporate, land title and personal property registry;
- Familiarity with all aspects of corporate records, and
- Drafting documents relating to commercial lending, commercial real estate, purchases and sales of business (assets and shares), etc.
In addition to experience with the above, the ideal candidate would have the following background, skills and experience:
- A legal administrative assistant certificate or diploma from a recognized institution;
- A keen sense of attention to detail is a must;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- The ability to prioritize work and meet tight deadlines;
- A high level of professionalism while working closely with lawyers, staff and clients; and
- An interest in developing a career at our firm.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a positive work environment. Please apply in confidence by submitting your resume and cover letter to: HR@OgilvieLaw.com
Deadline for applications: May 24/19.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.