Ogilvie LLP currently has an opening for a full-time Commercial Legal Assistant who enjoys working in a busy and challenging work environment.
The successful candidate will work with Ogilvie’s Corporate/Commercial team on a variety of commercial transactions, including due diligence matters and drafting
documents, and will have interactions with clients providing accurate information, while building and maintaining client relationships.
The successful candidate will have excellent attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills. Commercial experience of at least 3 years is required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Handle a variety of Commercial tasks including:
- Conducting searches, such as corporate, land title, and personal property
- Preparation of documentation including, but not limited to:
– commercial purchase and sale transactions;
– completing due diligence searches;
– commercial lending;
– commercial real estate purchases and sales;
– purchases and sales of businesses; and
The ideal candidate will have the following background, skills and experience:
Education and Experience:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited legal assistant program;
- 3 + years’ experience in Corporate/Commercial, and/or Real Estate
- Knowledge and/or experience in Yukon and North West Territories commercial law is an asset.
- Accurate and detail-oriented;
- Possess sound judgment and initiative;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- The ability to prioritize work and meet tight deadlines;
- A high level of professionalism while working closely with lawyers, staff and clients; and
- An interest in developing a career at our firm.
- Must have a strong base in MS Excel, Word, Outlook
- ACUMIN knowledge an asset
- Worldox knowledge an asset
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a positive work
environment. The successful candidate may be eligible for a signing bonus. Please apply in confidence by submitting your resume (including months and years of employment history) and cover letter to HR@ogilvielaw.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.